1. General Guidelines
- Articles must be typed in one spaced, Garamond font with size 13 pt, except in direct quote and footnote with size 11 pt.
- Articles must include an abstract in English (150-200 words).
- Articles must include keywords (5 – 10 words).
- Local and non-English words should be written italic. Arabic words should follow the Ulumuna Arabic transliteration guideline. Download transliteration guideline here!
- Reference must be given in footnote and use Turabian 8th style. Please see click here the style of footnote and bibliography.
All articles must be submitted by Online Submission at e-journal portal address: http://ulumuna.or.id/index.php/ujis/about/submissions where author register as Author and/or offered as Reviewer by online. If authors have any problems about the online submission, please contact Editorial Team at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com
2. Article’s Template
3. Reviewing of Articles
Every submitted paper is independently reviewed by at least two peer-reviewers (Double-blind). Decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendation. If two or more reviewers consider the articles unsuitable for publication in this journal, a statement explaining the basis for the decision will be sent to the authors within three months of the submission date.
4. Revision of Articles
Articles sent back to the authors for revision should be returned to the editor without delay. Revised articles can be sent through Online Submission Interface (http://ulumuna.or.id/index.php/ujis). The revised articles returned later than three months will be considered as new submissions.
5. Withdrawal of Articles
The authors are not allowed to withdraw submitted articles in the process of reviewing, because the withdrawal is waste of valuable resources that editors and reviewers spent a great deal of time processing submitted manuscript. The withdrawal can be direct requests or without confirmation in which the authors do not send their revised articles. For this circumstance, the authors and his/her affiliation will be blacklisted for publication in this journal.
6. Plagiarism Check
The editors will run plagiarism check using Grammarly Premium for the submitted articles before sending to the reviewers. We do not process any plagiarized contents. If a article has over 10% of plagiarism based on the result of Grammarly Premium check, we will send back the article to the author to be revised for the plagiarized contents.
7. Article Submission and Processing Charges
Ulumuna does not charge authors any fee for submitting, processing and publishing articles. All processes of article publication are free of charge. Readers can read and download any full-text articles for free of charge.
8. Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and/or is offered as Reviewer through the following address: http://ulumuna.or.id/index.php/ujis/about/submissions
Author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration.Therefore, author is brought to online author submission interface where author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on ’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Original Research Articles, Review Article, or Short Communication. Thus, author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a articles to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the articles document file to be submitted, then click Upload button.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, articles title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded articles documents in this step. To submit the articles to Ulumuna journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
At the start, select the Journal Section (Full Article), tick all the checklist.
In the Upload Submission, please upload a manuscript file in MS Word article in this section.
In the Enter Metadata, enter the data of all Authors and affiliates, followed by the title and abstract, and indexing keywords.
Upload Supplementary Files in part, is allowed to upload files supporting data or cover letter or other document.
On the Confirmation, please click "Finish Submission" if all the data is correct.
After this submission, Authors who submit the articles will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at anytime by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes status of articles review and editorial process.
9. User Rights
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Creative Commons Attribution- ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)